I am the master of lists, and this post is no exception, but I would like to share a few things that were brought home for me within the last week.
1. I'll start with a touching story. One of my friends posted on FB this week about being nice to people because you never know what battles they are fighting. This was true for me at the grocery store. I was speaking with the cashier at HEB on Tuesday about my son and working and life. She mentioned she had been looking for an at home job so that she could be closer to care for her daughter who had an autoimmune disease and was unable to leave the house. She then went on to say she took the job at HEB after her daughter passed away at 9 months old. I sat in the car and cried for her after I left.
2. On a lighter note, I will not forget a towel when leaving the house ever again. Black leather seats and summertime attire (i.e. shorts!) do not mix well. OUCH!
3. Today, I was shopping for our cousin's high school graduation gift. As I was checking out, I was conversing with the cashier. She noticed what I was buying and commented on having a graduate in the family. I confirmed and mentioned I hope I remember what was appropriate as I graduated ten years ago. As I reached the car, I realized I did not graduate high school ten years ago. I graduated from college ten years ago. Sheesh I feel old now. and forgetful.
4. Apparently, I engage random people in conversation everywhere I go.
Well, that's all I have for now. Maybe I wasn't as observant as I thought I was. I just wanted to share a little bit of my life since it'd been a while since I've posted anything. I hope you enjoyed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment