Ok. So. It's been just over 4 weeks since I posted my resolve to manage a healthier lifestyle. I chronicled my food for about a week and half. I had grand visions of being pleasantly surprised by how well I was eating and not having to modify much. Sadly, I was greatly disappointed. I eat really bad food on a regular basis. So much so, I'm embarrassed to post it. Suffice it to say, I should stop eating like this so I don't balloon when I quit nursing. Yikes. I did marginally better on my activity level. I did manage some sort of cardio a couple of days/wk, and yoga twice or three times/ wk. That said, it was done via DVD in my living room and therefore, the quality may be lacking. In addition, I have counted the physical activities I did with Colton on the weekends. Hey-he'd run me ragged if I let him-it most certainly counts!
I have many excuses for my lack of follow thru. These include the work transition was very difficult transition with much new information, the baby won't take a bottle so I was juggling nursing and work at night, the baby won't consistently sleep thru the night so I was operating on only a few hours of sleep most of the time....see told ya. It boils down to the fact that I know I need to change things, but don't really want to give up my precious down time and my sugar addiction.
Taking this into account-I have decided to back off and focus on one area at a time. I will drop the food aspect for now, and I will add physical activity to my routine 5 times/wk. These need to be cardio only-walking, running (HA!), DVD aerobics, etc. Any yoga I am able to squeeze in will be a bonus. Starting in June, Colton goes back to only 3 days/week daycare so I will have some more motivation. He really keeps me moving. Plus, he likes to do yoga with me. He thinks it's fun. He's also been bugging the crap out of me to take him swimming. Does anybody have a pool we can come over and swim in so I don't have to teach him to swim in the chaos of a public pool and I can leave the baby in the shade or inside napping while I do??? <waggling eyebrows, cheshire-cat grin> Anybody?? Bueller??
Ok. Anyhow. Moving on.
Hopefully, this new modification will make this transition livable. Here's to a new start!
No comments:
Post a Comment