Sunday, November 25, 2012

Oh, Baby! Why do you do the things you do?

For a while, I've been compiling questions in my head that I can never ask. Specifically, questions I would like to ask my 9.5 month old baby. I would LOVE to know why he does some things.

1. What is humorous to you? For example, you laugh at your own feet. You laugh when I shake my head or look at you with a certain look, or play peek a boo. You laugh when you're being tickled. You laugh when your brother squeezes you so tight, your face turns red. I'm pretty sure you laugh when you want others to laugh-even though nothing funny is going on. Why? How do you determine what's funny?

2. What is SO FREAKING INTERESTING behind the wood stove that you must crawl back there at least 4 times/day?? I mean, I understand unshelving the DVD's at least once an hour because they're bright colors, have faces, etc., but a deep, dark, dirty space that's impossible to squeeze my body behind to extricate you without banging your limbs or head when you become entangled in its legs-c'mon!

3. Why do you look over my shoulder when I look at you sometimes? It makes me think there's something behind me. Then when I look and there's nothing there, I wonder if you can see ghosts. It seriously creeps me out.

4. Why must you chew on electrical cords? I understand it if they are just within your reach and we don't realize it or if they are accidentally left so that you tangle yourself in them. However, if you see one across the room, you will crawl as fast as you can to get to it and immediately shove it in your mouth with its sharp little teeth and commence gnawing. I thought we gave up that annoyance when we bid adieu to those cats.

5. How do you choose when to sleep and eat? Some days you do exactly as you need to (sleep when you're tired, etc.) Other days, you fight it every step of the way. There is no logic to it that I can figure.

I'm sure this list will grow as I have time to think of more. Until then, I will continue to be amazed by you every day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment