Wednesday, February 6, 2013
We've come a long way, Baby!
I don't do too many posts focusing solely on my kids, but I thought it would be a good idea to chronicle their progress. I may want this someday. :)
Colton has come so far in this past week. He can officially take care of bathroom business-including handwashing, fully dress himself including shoes (not socks though-they're hard!), and pour juice and water ALL BY HIMSELF. He is an excellent cleaner-even separates toys into appropriate bins without help. He can successfully manipulate stickers and is getting better about coloring and painting in the lines. He LOVES watercolors and play dough. He can use scissors and dispense appropriate amounts of glue for googly eyes and pom poms and also put the right amount of toothpaste on his toothbrush. We're still working on the handsoap as he creates a slick on the counter every time he washes his hands. (For the record, I've tried the rubber band thing so he can only push the plunger down a little bit, but he absolutely refuses to stop at one pump. ugh.) He can even match correct letters 100% of the time to make sight-words in an iPad app I just acquired. He doesn't know letters by name or sound yet, just matches shapes, but the app sounds the letters out and pronounces the words for him, making it the first step in recognition. He can also recite several of his books, as well as the rhyme, "Little Miss Muffet" which I presented orally (no pics), by rote.
Lincoln is jabbering away, cruising and standing independently (although not yet walking) and can recognize several words and tries to repeat them. Even though he's not walking independently, he likes to walk behind his walker toy and gets angry when he runs it into a wall or door jamb. He's totally into putting things in boxes and buckets and taking them out again. We have a box full of bean bags for that purpose. He eats about 15 oz of food per meal four times per day. He is fully weaned (for almost a month) and is eating mostly solid food now. I only feed him purees when I feel lazy and don't want to clean up a mess. He still won't drink milk, but eats yogurt and cheese like it's going out of style. He gave me a high five for the first time yesterday too. He has all 8 front teeth (and has since he was about 9 months old), and his 1 year molars are poised to come out. The top left one is already through, and the others are painfully swollen and red. He is fearless and ready to follow big brother anywhere no matter the consequences. He also loves to horseplay.
Thank you all for listening to my enthusiasm for my children's accomplishments. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment