Hello, Friends!
It has been a good long while since we've visited. All of you, my followers, are my friends on Facebook, and lately, I've only had the energy to post about 20 words at a time, so a blog seemed unnecessary. I will apologize up front for a rambling, unorganized blog post.
I have entered my third trimester and have officially begun nesting. Colton's room got it first. The big boy bed we ordered for him is gracing someone else's home after UPS lost it, so it is not quite finished yet. I waited until he was gone for the day to redistribute the baby toys to the baby's room and have a huge box of toys to give to Goodwill and another one of books to go to Half Price Books. The baby's room is now officially a disaster due to all the things that got "reassigned" from Colton's room. BUT, it's a step in the right direction. The cleaning thing is a snowball waiting to roll out of control. I have to clean out Colton's room for the bed because we need the crib for the baby. I have to clean the baby's room (my office currently) to accept all his castoffs. First, though, I have to clean our room to accept the stuff from my office. I need a nap just thinking about it.
The problem lies in the fact that I am stuck not prepping for the baby until the absolute last minute because I plan to work right up until I go into labor. I can't move my office until I'm on maternity leave. I guess the people who come visit for the birth will be moving my work equipment and furniture while I'm in the hospital. :)
Colton has started to use the toilet more frequently, but needs more direction. Potty training is hard work for Mama. I am so not interested in running to the toilet every hour or two, only to argue with a toddler who doesn't want to sit on it, even though he says he does. Ugh.
I have been better about my schedule and getting to bed on time, balancing naps and awake time. Then the time change hit and screwed everything up. Colton is having a hard time with it too. He was a walking zombie this past week. We don't have the luxury of gradually adjusting his schedule to accommodate the change because we have to work and take him to daycare. This week seems to be better, though, so we'll hope for continued improvement. Although, I walked into his room this morning, and he said, "Mama, turn light off. I want sleeps." Poor kiddo!
All this has added up to a very intimidating schedule, so much that I have a hard time just thinking about it. There are days I am so overwhelmed that I have trouble getting out of bed-even though the stress keeps me from sleeping well. I have done my best to keep up, but I have not done well managing my stress about it all. I sincerely hope you have not been a victim of my stress and failure to manage it effectively. If you have, please accept the humble apology of a hormonal, sleep-deprived, hugely pregnant woman with a full time job and a toddler.
My intentions, as mentioned in the title, are to stress out less, and enjoy my time with my small family before we add our second blessing. Colton is a joy to watch and interact with, and I love every second with him-even when he's pushed every one of my buttons that day. If the house is not completely clean or ready for the baby and potty training is not finished by the time Heidi arrives, at least I know my son will know I love him and my husband and I will have happy memories of the time when it was just the 3 of us. I'm keeping my eyes on the prize and living for today! Everything else can wait. Except a nap. Nighty nite!
No comments:
Post a Comment